Flexible Evaluation System
Competency based Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation has been introduced since 2000. From the year 2007, the evaluation system has been made more flexible and more organized based on NCF-2005. Four co-scholastic areas namely social and personal qualities, interest, attitude and outdoor activities have been identified and introduced in the Madrasahs to inculcate value education among students. Four Terminal Tests followed by an annual examination have been designed throughout the year to evaluate the student’s competencies and the remedial lesson. Weightage on each test / examination is considered for promotion of the students to next higher class. The subject wise syllabus has been divided into five terms. This has not only reduced the burden on the students but also enhanced spontaneous participation and encouraged joyful learning teaching. To keep parity with the State Board / Councils and the Central Board, the Grading System has been introduced from the year 2007.
For the larger interest of the learners of the Madrasahs and to keep parity with other Board, the West Bengal Board of Madrasah Education has decided to bring back the Academic Session of the Madrasahs to January-December gradually. The Current Academic Session will start from January 1, 2012 and will be ended in December 31, 2012.
Format of the grade
To reduce the burden of learning the Board has bifurcated the combined syllabus of class IX and X.
From the year 2012 the High Madrasah Examination (Xth class standard) and Alim Examination (Xth class standard) will be conducted following the syllabus of class X only.
In addition to above the following measures have been taken to establish and maintain fair and flexible evaluation system in Madrasah Education:
- Fifteen minutes extra-time to read the question paper and to write name, roll number on the answer- script
- Introduction of detailed examination calendar
- Abolishing of writing name of the examinees from the answer-scripts in all examinations, only Registration Number is being used for identification of the students
- Introduction of mid-term compartmental Examination within two months from the date of publication of the PPR & PPS results.
- PPR & PPS facilities extended to both pass and fail examinees
- Use of computerized photos of the examinees on the Admit Card, Registration Card and Certificate, use of hologram on Certificate and Mark sheet for ensuring authenticity.